By Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, Armen Stein
What is that this booklet about?
Its strength and brief studying curve have made entry Microsoft’s major customer relational database administration method for laptop purposes. VBA permits you to faucet extra of that energy, responding to software point occasions, exhibiting types and stories, manipulating toolbars, and masses more.
In this e-book, a crack staff of programmers, together with Microsoft MVPs, exhibits you the way to take keep an eye on of entry 2003 or 2002 utilizing VBA. You’ll discover ways to create and identify variables, use DAO and ADO to control facts, deal with blunders properly, create periods and use APIs, and extra. a complete bankruptcy is dedicated to the alterations in entry 2003, together with new wizards and GUI good points that in the past required VBA code in addition to new VBA features.
You’ll obtain a radical schooling in approach defense, macro defense, and the entry Developer Extensions (ADE). you'll find find out how to entry information with VBA, execute and debug VBA code, and use VBA with entry items. ultimately, you are going to examine extra in regards to the courting among entry and SQL Server, and the way to exploit VBA in entry to manage and improve different workplace applications.
What does this e-book cover?
Here are many of the issues you will discover during this book:
- How to exploit the integrated entry item library, utilizing entry instructions and executing them from any entry toolbar
- What you want to be aware of to layout your personal sessions, enforce universal APIs on your code, and use SQL to entry data
- How to configure customized menus to your entry database applications
- Ways to move details among entry and Excel, be aware, Outlook, and different place of work programs
- How to teach or conceal complete sections of news in accordance with info entered on a sort, or conceal shape fields in line with database login information
- Object versions you should use whilst writing VBA code in entry, and an inventory of universal API services to take advantage of on your code
Who is that this publication for?
This ebook is a finished source for entry clients and VBA builders who are looking to raise the ability of entry utilizing VBA. as well as event with VBA, you'll have learn no less than one educational protecting VBA for Access.
Read or Download Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference PDF
Similar visual basic books
The last word beginner's advisor to programming in visible uncomplicated 2012
Visual simple, used to jot down home windows functions and net apps with ASP. web, is an important language for starting programmers. utilizing the time-tested Wrox procedure, this advisor presents a step by step structure that will get newcomers up and working fast and with a bit of luck. crucial issues lined contain writing home windows purposes, operating with conversation bins and menus, item orientated programming suggestions, programming for pictures, utilizing visible simple with ASP. web for net apps, and working with facts entry and SQL Server.
* visible easy is a well-liked first language for starting programmers; this Wrox beginner's consultant covers all facets of the most recent model* makes use of a simple, step by step method of support rookies examine speedy and simply* Covers crucial issues together with stream regulate, info constitution, writing home windows functions, mistakes dealing with and debugging, items and item orientated strategies, and sophistication libraries* Explains home windows varieties, snap shots programming, getting access to databases, net programming utilizing visible simple with ASP. web, information entry, SQL Server, ADO. internet, and XML
Beginning visible simple 2012 is a must have for programming novices who are looking to get a great footing in a single of crucial programming languages.
The advent of the Microsoft® . internet framework not just brings builders a strong, cohesive toolset for the advance of latest home windows and net purposes -- it additionally replaces COM because the expertise of selection for development parts on home windows structures. elements are the basic construction blocks of .
Examination PREP consultant Ace your training for the talents measured by way of MCTS examination 70-516 - and at the activity - with this reliable Microsoft examine consultant. paintings at your individual velocity via a chain of classes and studies that totally conceal each one examination target. Then, toughen and follow what you may have realized via real-world case eventualities and perform workouts.
Created by means of world-renowned programming teachers Paul and Harvey Deitel, visible simple 2012 how you can application, 6th? variation introduces all points of the visible easy 2012 language via a hands-on strategy with enormous quantities of operating courses. This e-book has been completely up-to-date to mirror the main ideas Microsoft has integrated in visible easy 2012 all discussions and pattern code were conscientiously audited opposed to the most recent visible uncomplicated language specification.
- Visual Basic 2005 Jumpstart
- Developing Microsoft .NET Controls with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 developer's handbook
- Electronic concepts : an introduction
- VB.Net Language in a Nutshell
- Programming in Visual Basic 2010 The Very Beginners Guide
Additional resources for Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
4. Click OK to save your changes. The next time you launch your database, the MySwitchboard form will automatically load for your users. You can have several switchboards within your application. For example, you might want to have a main switchboard that allows your users to explore various aspects of the application such as data entry, reporting, and application options (such as toolbar customizations or security options). When your users select the reporting button, you can launch a separate reporting switchboard with buttons for all of the reports in your application.
You can create a macro—a saved series of commands. Unlike in Word and Excel, where you can record your own macros, in Access you’ll have to create the macro yourself, step-by-step. A macro enables you to perform a variety of operations within Access in response to the click of a command button or any other programmable event on a form or report. If you’ve programmed in Word or Excel, you know that you can create a macro by starting the macro recorder and performing the desired steps. When you stop the macro recorder, all of the operations you’ve performed, from mouse clicks to keyboard strokes to menu selections, are recorded and saved in VBA code.
There are some distinct advantages to MSDE. It’s more robust, accommodating databases up to 2GB in size. Jet databases are limited to 2GB in size; however, databases larger than 1GB often suffer performance issues. It is possible for a Jet database to grow to 2GB; however, if you’re designing a Jet database that large, you’ll need to be very careful with building proper indexes and building in a regular compact and repair cycle. So, why not use MSDE for everything? Well, for one thing, you have more administrative and security concerns with MSDE than with Access.
Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, Armen Stein